You must meet all requirements listed below to submit a Grant Request:
- An organization must have current 501(c)(3) Public Charity status from the Internal Revenue Service(IRS). It may not be a private foundation as defined in Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizations must be located in, or serving populations of Oakland's Lake Merritt and Lakeside Park.
- Organizations must not have any delinquent final reports for previous grants.
The Lake Merritt Breakfast Club Charitable Foundation does not fund:
- Projects not aligned with the Foundation's specified mission.
- General operating support for ongoing activities
- Direct grants, scholarships, or loans for the benefit of specific individuals
- Loans or debt requirements
- Program or projects of organizations whose policies or practices discreminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation
- Emergency Funding